A pet addendum is typically a condition that is made on behalf of the landlord to a property that conditionally grants permission to tenants with pets. The landlord may ask for the following in order to accept the animal on the premises;
- Additional financial obligations such as a fee or an increased amount for the Security Deposit.
- Ask to always pick up after the pet when it is outside.
- To always be on a leash and to abide by the State or local ordinances.
- To be kept up with all vaccinations.
- To be quiet and not be excessively loud such as barking.
If there is any violation of any part of the pet addendum it constitutes a breaking of the lease agreement. At this time, the landlord has the full set of rights to send a notice to quit to the tenant with the right to cure.